Biancocelesti chief Igli Tare played down coach Edy Reja's claims that approaches were made for 10 players, but admitted that two Bianconeri stars did not fancy joining
Biancocelesti coach Edy Reja suggested on Saturday they had been turned down by 10 players late in the window as they searched unsuccessfully for strikers.
Tare said that Lazio had had offers accepted for both Quagliarella and Sebastian Giovinco but that neither Juve player wantedn to join the Rome-based club, revealing that the former told them to ask again at the end of the season while the latter had no interest in moving to the Stadio Olimpico at all.
"We were not turned down by 10 players," the Lazio chief told Sky Sport. "Reja just plucked a number out of thin air.
"Quagliarella, we talked with, but he said he would not be availabile until the summer.
"On deadline day we tried to speak with Giovinco to see if there were possibility he would join, but his agents told us that he did not want to move. It is very difficult for a player to move mid-season."
Lazio defeated Chievo 2-0 on Sunday, leapfrogging AC Milan as they moved into ninth place in Serie A.