The manager confirmed Spurs' renewed pursuit of the Romania international after an earlier move collapsed, and also wished Willian luck after he chose to move to Chelsea
The north London club previously appeared to abandon their move for the 23-year-old after the Romanian champions’ controversial owner Gigi Becali ordered the cancellation of a reported deal for the centre-back, but Steaua claimed on Sunday that a new agreement had been struck.
| TRANSFER TALK
|25/1||Tottenham are 25/1 with BetVictor to win the title
"Vlad Chiriches - there is an interest in the player," he told Sky Sports, before joking: "Maybe somebody steals him as well!”
"I'm telling you we have looked to strengthen our backline with the departure of Steven Caulker, last year we had Younes Kaboul injured for the season but we had five, so we are looking for the position and we are going to go ahead with our re-strengthening," he told reporters
Villas-Boas also commented on attacker Willian’s decision to move to Chelsea after previously appearing close to signing for Spurs, insisting that he wished him well.
"The answer that I want to tell you is Willian made a choice to join Chelsea and the only I can wish him is good luck because he is a person I have a good relationship and he has decided to join another club," he added.
"He made a choice that he feels is important for the development of his career, Good luck to him."