The midfielder, who is on loan at Marseille from QPR, says he has filled in the 26-year-old on life at St James' Park amid speculation he could depart Stade Velodrome for Tyneside
Barton previously spent four seasons with the Magpies and is currently plying his trade in Ligue 1 for the 2012-13 campaign after being sent out on loan by QPR.
"Good luck to Loic in Newcastle," the 30-year-old posted on Twitter. "Don't worry i've told him what to expect. Great guy. Perfect club for him."
Newcastle have been linked with a January move for the 26-year-old France international following the sale of Demba Ba to Chelsea.
That left Papiss Cisse and Shola Ameobi as the only recognised strikers at St James' Park and the former has struggled to reproduce his form of the previous campaign.
Earlier in January, Marseille sporting director Jose Anigo admitted that Remy could leave Stade Velodrome for an English club.
QPR manager Harry Redknapp, however, admitted that he had been unable to convince the two-time Ligue 1 champion to discuss a switch to Loftus Road.
Remy would join the likes of Mathieu Debuchy, Yohan Cabaye, Romain Amalfitano, Sylvain Marveaux and Mehdi Abeid in leaving France for Tyneside.
Newcastle refused to comment on the speculation surrounding Remy or Barton's tweet when they were contacted by Goal.com on Sunday afternoon.