The 55-year-old has reiterated the stance of his club that their star player will not be transferred anywhere until they have competed in the international tournament
Having qualified for the competition following their Copa Libertadores win, the tournament will not be played until December and the boss of the Brazilan club insists that the 19-year-old striker will stay to play in it.
Speculation has been rife all summer linking the Brazil international with a move to a European club, with Real Madrid favourites to land the teenager. Earlier in the transfer window, as many as five clubs matched the youngster's €45 million release clause in a bid to attract his services. But neither player nor club seem intent on parting ways just yet.
"What I said is that Neymar will not move away this year," Muricy is quoted as saying in AS.
"He will stay until at least the Club World Cup because it is very important for us to win." However the former Sao Paulo coach admitted that his future beyond the Club World Cup is a mystery.
"After that I do not know what will happen. I don't think he will stay with Santos forever."
The 55-year-old has also pleaded with Brazil coach Mano Menezes to not call up the youngster, as well as Ganso and Elano, for the national side's imminent friendly against Germany.
The fixture, that is set for August 10, would clash with Santos' vital league clash with Corinthians, a match that was already postponed earlier in the season due to the Copa America.
Muricy said: "I just hope our players don't leave here.
"They have played too much already and [it] is only a friendly. Santos still must play. We understand their side, but they also have to understand our side. It's just a game against Corinthians. We must play the game."