Rudi Garcia is confident that Roma will be able to have Mattia Destro's four-match ban reduced on appeal.
The Italy international picked up a mandatory one-game suspension because of the yellow card he picked up in Sunday's 3-1 Serie A win at Cagliari.
However, Roma's in-form forward was then retrospectively banned for a further three matches for allegedly striking Rossoblu defender Davide Astori - much to the shock and surprise of Garcia, who says the club have every intention of appealing the ruling.
"It is logical that we can win it," the French coach told LA7. "He is not a violent player at all. Football is a contact sport, players fight to take position on the field and these things happen.
“It is true that Mattia gave him a slap, but the referee saw everything, he whistled against him and normally the rule states that there can be no video evidence when the referee saw the situation."
Garcia added, though, that even if their appeal is unsuccessful, their season will not be derailed by the loss of Destro for four of their six remaining fixtures.
"The only thing that matters is doing well and if Destro is not there then there will be someone else," the former Lille boss stated.
Destro bagged a hat-trick in the game against Cagliari and had been hoping that his late-season flurry of goals would earn him a place in Italy's World Cup squad.