The Bianconeri's 1-1 draw at home to Fiorentina on Thursday has put their Europa League challenge in jeopardy, but the club CEO thinks it is wise to change up the starting XI
The Bianconeri boss has shown a desire to use a number of second-string players in the Europa League, following the Italian champions' surprise elimination from the Champions League earlier this season.
That decision potentially backfired on Thursday, as Juve were held to a 1-1 draw in the home leg of their last-16 tie with Fiorentina, but Marotta is convinced that rotating players - particularly attackers - is the way forward.
"I must say that I agree with what Conte said in one of his most recent press conferences," the Juve CEO told Tuttosport. "Which is that, being committed on two fronts - two important fronts - we have to alternate the team.
"Because we want to participate as protagonists in both Serie A and the Europa League. Starting from the point of view that our squad, especially the offensive area, is very large and competitive so we can even afford to make the changes."
Conte's men travel to Florence needing a win or a higher scoring draw than 1-1 to qualify for the quarter-final stage of the European competition, which will see its final held at the Bianconeri's home ground.
Before that clash, they are back in Serie A action with a visit to Genoa on Sunday.