The AC Milan CEO says he is satisfied with his side's performance during the 1-1 stalemate against Napoli on Sunday
The Rossoneri went ahead through Mathieu Flamini on the half-hour mark, only for their lead to be cancelled out by Goran Pandev three minutes later but the 68-year-old is satisfied with their efforts, particularly after the Frenchman was sent off.
“I’m happy about the result especially after we went down to 10 men," the 68-year-old told Milan Channel.
"It was a tough and complicated game and I’m content with the point. The team were competitive and if we played like this against Fiorentina last week then maybe we would have won that match.
"Napoli are a great team, otherwise they wouldn't be in their position. In three rounds, we were up against fourth, second and now we’ll be up against the top team as well.
"I think that the draw was the right result, we knew that we’d have a tough April and it’s an important point that allows us to stay in third ahead of the next round.
"We’re in a position that a few months ago would have been unthinkable. It’s mid-April and we’re unbeaten in 2013 so we should be happy about that.
"Now we’re back to the level of playing one game a week. Regardless of what happens in Turin against Juventus next week, Milan will still be in third place."
Massimiliano Allegri's side's travel to Turin on April 21.