The left-back returned to the Azzurri squad for their upcoming World Cup qualifiers after being excluded from Euro 2012 following his alleged involvement in ScommessopoliDomenico Criscito says his recall to the Italy set-up should be seen as recognition of his consistent performances for Zenit St Petersburg rather than the opportunity to take revenge on his country's governing body (FIGC).
The 26-year-old was ejected from the Azzurri's 23-man squad for Euro 2012 after being implicated in the Scommessopoli betting scandal earlier in the summer, as his room at the Coverciano training camp was searched by police.
"I do not consider this as a mission for revenge, but rather a recognition of my recent performances," Criscito told reporters.
"I'm glad [to have returned to the side] and now I never want to vacate this jersey."
The Euro 2012 runners-up travel to Armenia on October 12, before hosting Denmark four days later.