thumbnail Hello,

The 49-year-old, who played for Juve in the 80s, believes that the Bianconeri have lost much of their fighting spirit and says Conte is also to blame for the team's dip in form

Former Juventus midfielder Massimo Mauro has launched a scathing attack at the Bianconeri's current state after Saturday's 1-1 draw against Chievo.

The Turin-based club have looked off the pace in recent weeks and are currently three points behind leaders AC Milan, albeit with a match in hand, after four draws in their last five Serie A matches.

"Juventus have lost that which had been their biggest strength: humility," Mauro told Sky Sport Italia.

"There is no longer the desire to run for the team-mate, to help each other, to play with a high tempo."

The 49-year-old, who played at Juventus between 1985 and 1989, then turned his attention to coach Antonio Conte, who had blamed fatigue for Saturday's stalemate.

"I am not convinced by the management of the team [against Chievo], some of Conte's choices in the team selection were probably wrong," Mauro continued.

"I was at the stadium and the draw is worrying. Mirko Vucinic is now a case to solve.

"He received whistles after he lost the ball, he did not try to recover it and that was in the build up to Chievo's goal.

"It is also embarrassing that Alessandro Matri is not being given any sort of service. I had never seen a Juventus team in such difficulty.

"It is not a physical problem, because the players run, but they run badly."

Juventus have a chance to draw level on 54 points with Milan on Wednesday when they visit Bologna. Kick off is scheduled for 18.30CET.

Related

From the web