The Biancocelesti boss has offered to resign and the club have apparently lined up a replacement in the shape of Luigi De Canio but the 66-year-old's future remains unclearLazio have announced that they will clarify Edy Reja's position as coach on Saturday evening.
The 66-year-old Italian offered to step down earlier this week and, while the club rejected his resignation, Reja's future remains uncertain.
It had been expected that the situation would be resolved after a meeting between the coach and Biancocelesti president Claudio Lotito on Friday evening but the pair never sat down to talk and Reja told journalists that he remains in the dark as to what the club intend to do.
"I have not received any communication from the club," the former Napoli boss told reporters on Saturday morning. "I am still the coach and I'm going to take charge of training."
However, Lazio confirmed via their official website that they will hold a press conference at 17.00CET to address the current uncertainty.
According to reports, Luigi De Canio, having met with Lotito on Friday, has already agreed personal terms with the club and is willing to take over with immediate effect.
However, Il Corriere dello Sport claims that Lotito's preferred candidate to succeed Reja is former West Ham United boss Gianfranco Zola.
Reja offered to walk away - for the second time this season - on Wednesday and he confirmed after Thursday night's Europa League exit at the hands of Atletico Madrid that the club's failure to strengthen his squad during the January transfer window had been a key factor in his decision.
The Biancocelesti are currently fourth in Serie A, but level on points with third-placed Udinese.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.