The Nerazzurri are said to be pessimistic about their chances of pipping their city rivals to the signing of the Argentine forward after meeting with the English outfitAC Milan still lead the way in the race to sign Carlos Tevez after Inter were reportedly left frustrated by the outcome of their talks with Manchester City in London on Thursday.
According to Sky Sport Italia, Nerazzurri sporting director Marco Branca met with the Premier League leaders' chief football operations officer Brian Marwood in the English capital in an attempt to thrash out a deal for the Argentine forward.
However, after speaking with City, Inter are now said to be very pessimistic about their chances of pipping Milan to the player's signature.
Tevez has already held talks with the Rossoneri and, according to CEO Adrian Galliani, has his heart set on joining the Italian champions.
However, so concerned were they by Inter's sudden interest in the player, Milan stepped up their pursuit of Tevez over the past few days after having previously expressed their willingness to wait until the end of the January transfer window to come to an agreement with City.
Indeed, according to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Galliani has interrupted his holiday to Brazil to set up a meeting with both Tevez and his representative, Kia Joorabchian, in Rio with the intention of then arranging a video conference with City directors.
The Rossoneri have thus far been unable to conclude a deal for Tevez because of their reluctance to adhere to City's request to undertake an obligation to buy the player at the end of his proposed loan period at San Siro.
Tevez has not played for City since refusing to come on as a substitute in the English outfit's Champions League loss to Bayern Munich at the Allianz Arena earlier this season.
Meanwhile, fresh speculation suggests that the meeting between Milan and Joorabchian is over and that the Serie A will table their offer on Thursday evening.