Inter attacker Mauro Zarate has had a dig at Francesco Totti ahead of the Milanese side's clash with Roma on Saturday.
The Argentine, who signed for Gian Piero Gasperini's men on loan from Lazio in the summer transfer window, does not have much faith in the veteran forward's abilities.
"He’s not a phenomenon. In any case, the phenomenons are those who win the Ballon d’Or," the 24-year-old told Corriere dello Sport.
"Roma have many good players. I like Bojan Krkic and Pablo Daniel Osvaldo, so we must be careful."
It is not the first time the South American has had a go at Totti, as he previously claimed the former Italy international's career was over in 2009 ahead of a Rome derby.
“I said that and the media turned it into a huge scandal, but you say things like that to the papers,” he stated, recalling the event.
Speaking of his departure from the Italian capital, the former Velez Sarsfield forward has stated that one person in particular was responsible for his exit.
“[Edy] Reja came to me and said something that I don’t want to repeat, because it’s only right that it remains in the locker room. I’m not like others who go around telling everyone what happens behind closed doors.
“After that meeting, I decided to join another club. I think the only one who didn’t want me at Lazio was Reja. It wasn’t the way I wanted to go.
“Now I am at Inter, the biggest team in the world. Lazio are a great club too, but here you fight for different objectives. I’ve always said I wanted to win everything,” he concluded.
Inter and Roma meet in Milan on Saturday with both teams in desperate need of a win after losing their opening Serie A fixtures, and both new coaches under increasing pressure.