thumbnail Hello,

Former Italian champions were involved in trying to 'condition' the Italian referee sector 'to gain an advantage' during the Calciopoli scandal, claims chief investigator

Inter are alleged to have committed sporting fraud during Calciopoli by the same man who last week said Juventus had no chance of having their 2006 Scudetto handed back.

FIGC (Italian FA) chief investigator Stefano Palazzi believes Inter are responsible for having committed sporting fraud during the 2005-06 season which subsequently led to the football scandal in Italy.

Speaking to Ansa, Palazzi said: "Inter violated the article relative to sporting fraud with regards to the possibility of taking advantages in the standings."

His comments are based on what has emerged from the current Calciopoli 2 trial at the Tribunal of Naples where evidence shows former Inter directors had contact with referees and a number of other high-profile Italian football leaders between 2004 and 2006.

Transcripts from wire taps identified by the Tribunal of Naples showed Former Inter president Giacinto Facchetti had regular contact with former referee designators Paolo Bergamo and Pier Luigi Pairetto.

Palazzi also claimed Inter were "directly responsible for having secured an advantage in the league standings by conditioning the regular function of the referee sector."

Last week, the FIGC said Juventus had "no significant case" following their appeal to have their 2006 Scudetto, which was revoked and then assigned to Inter, handed back.

The case into Juve's appeal was closed, but the federal court of the Figc is expected to meet again on July 5 and 18 to discuss the latest developments.

Follow Goal.com on . Get the latest football news direct... Check out Goal.com's  page; be part of the best football fan community in the world!

Related

From the web