Inter president Massimo Moratti has admitted he was shocked by the Lega Calcio’s decision to hand suspensions to Jose Mourinho, Esteban Cambiasso and Sulley Muntari in the fall-out of Saturday’s night Serie A fixture with Sampdoria.
Speaking at the entrance of his office, Moratti told Sportal.it, “We did not expect a ruling of this kind.”
Inter have already announced they plan to appeal the decision and Moratti told journalists that the club would not be discussing the matter until a final decision had been made by the Lega Calcio.
“We have an important meeting. We are not trying to fuel the controversy by imposing a media blackout and I hope that this has been understood by the journalists.”
Inter are said to have closed the discussions until a decision has been made so the players can concentrate on this week’s Champions League clash with Chelsea.