thumbnail Hello,

The Ghanaian says he is in the dark about negotiations with Spurs, insisting that he is settled in Milan...

Inter midfielder Sulley Muntari has strongly refuted reports that he is set to leave the club in January to join Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur.

The 25-year-old is struggling to kick into gear this term after an impressive first year at the San Siro and was resoundingly jeered off the pitch last weekend during the Beneamata’s 2-1 win over Udinese.

The Italian and English media are suggesting that the Nerazzurri are in talks with Tottenham over a deal to take the Ghanaian to London in January.

“I have not heard anything about this transaction, I honestly don’t know anything about it,” Muntari told Sky Sport 24 as he left Appiano Gentile on Thursday.

“I only know that I am an Inter player. All my energies are devoted to this team because I am under contract with them.

“Therefore, it is pointless to talk about other sides. Would I enjoy going back to England? I am settled in Italy.”

Muntari spent the 2007-08 season in the Premier League with Portsmouth. Previously, he had enjoyed a five-year spell at Udinese.

Vince Masiello, Goal.com

Related

From the web