|Werder Bremen: Wiese; Fritz, Pasanen, Mertesacker, Silvestre; Frings, Wesley, Borowski, Hunt, Marin; Wagner
|Stuttgart: Ulreich; Boulahrouz, Tasci, Delpierre, Molinaro; Harnik, Kuzmanovic, Traesch, Okazaki, Hajnal; Pogrebnyak
- Werder Bremen have failed to shut out their opponents in their last 12 Bundesliga games - no team in the league has gone that long without keeping a clean sheet.
- When the two sides met earlier this season Stuttgart won 6-0, inflicting Bremen's heaviest defeat in 24 years.
- Both sides are currently four games unbeaten with only Leverkusen on a longer run at the moment (six games without defeat).
- Bremen have been awarded eight penalties this season, more than any other team in the league.
- Die Werderaner have scored a total of 152 goals against Stuttgart with the southern German club scoring 141 in reply.
- Stuttgart have scored at least two goals in each of their last four Bundesliga away games.
- The fixture is notorious for producing goals, with the last six games between Werder and die Schwaben producing 30 goals.
- The two sides have met 89 times in the Bundesliga, Stuttgart just edging it the bragging rights with 32 victories to Bremen's 30. There have been 27 draws.
- Stuttgart have the third worst away record in the league (conceding 49 goals) with Bremen (53 goals) and Moenchengladbach (61) the only sides with a worse defence.
November 7, 2010: Stuttgart 6-0 Werder Bremen
When the two sides met back in November a struggling Stuttgart thrashed Thomas Schaaf's men 6-0 at the Mercedes-Benz Arena with Cacau (2), Ciprian Marica, Christian Gentner, Georg Niedermeier and Arthur Boka all getting on the scoresheet.