The visitors are coming off their biggest win of the season but face a tough test when they face an Unai Emery side fighting for their Champions League dream
Costa, Rami, Ruiz, Alba
Feghouli, Jonas, Piatti
Tito, Arribas, Pulido, Casado
Lass, Costa, Trashorras
Valencia will be buoyed by their excellent display against Real Madrid at the weekend but they face a Rayo side who are coming off their biggest win of the season against Osasuna.
Miguel and Sergio Canales returned to training last week after recovering from their knee and hamstring injuries but it is unlikely the latter will be match fit for a few weeks.
Roberto Soldado was dropped to the bench for the Madrid game after complaining of sickness before the match but it is likely Valencia's top goalscorer will return to the starting XI.
Rayo have been rocked by the news this week that influential midfielder Javi Fuego will miss the rest of the season after suffering a broken kneecap.
Emiliano Armenteros is also a doubt for the match with a muscle injury but club captain Michel's rehabilitation from a dislocated shoulder looks to be going well. Piti will miss the match for Rayo after picking up another yellow card against Osasuna and so will be serving a suspension.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last encounter between Valencia and Rayo saw Unai Emery's side record a narrow 2-1 victory, in which Tino Costa and Jonas both scored to secure the win.
- Valencia's top goalscorer in the league this season is Roberto Soldado with 16 goals, the highest of any Spaniard in La Liga.
- Unai Emery's side are currently third in La Liga and tied on 48 points with Levante in the coveted Champions League qualification places.
- Rayo recorded an emphatic 6-0 victory over Osasuna at the weekend, their biggest win of the season.
- Michu is Rayo's top goalscorer this season, with 15 goals scored in the Spanish Primera Division.
- Rayo achieved promotion to La Liga by finishing second in the Segunda Division last season. They now find themselves in a respectable 12th place in La Liga on 40 points.