Luis Enrique takes his capital side to the Friuli on Friday to face a team who look to be genuine Scudetto challengers in 2011-12 and last season's Serie A top scorer
Benatia, Danilo, Domizzi
Basta, Isla, Pinzi, Asamoah, Armero
Perotta, Cassetti, Heinze, Taddei
Pjanic, De Rossi, Gago
Francesco Guidolin has a relatively settled side, with the coach likely to stick with his 3-5-1-1 formation that has Antonio Di Natale leading the line. The only major selection decision will see Floro Flores start ahead of Romanian Gabriel Torje.
For the visitors, Marco Cassetti could be given the nod by coach Luis Enrique in the centre of defence ahead of summer acquisition Simon Kjaer. Likewise, Jose Angel should be usurped at full-back by Rodrigo Taddei.
Francesco Totti is likely to be another week away from fitness, as is midfielder David Pizarro. Striker Marco Borriello should however have recovered in time to take a spot on the bench.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Both Udinese and Roma have won three and lost three of their last six competitive matches.
- Francesco Guidolin's side have defeated Roma in three out of their last four meetings at the Stadio Friuli.
- Antonio Di Natale (pictured) has netted eight goals in 10 Serie A appearances so far this season.
- Roma, however, emerged victorious in the corresponding fixture in 2010-11, courtesy of a 93rd-minute winner from captain Francesco Totti.
- The capital club are currently four points behind Udinese in the league table, with 17 points from their 11 matches played.
- Roma finished three points behind Friday's opponents in the 2010-11 season, eventually ending the campaign in sixth spot.