The Rossoneri's title challenge has taken a hit in recent weeks, but they face a tough task against an opponent hoping to jump back ahead of Lazio into third place
Benatia, Danilo, Domizzi
Basta, Isla, Pazienza, Fernandes, Armero
Abate, Mexes, Thiago Silva, Antonini
Emanuelson, Ambrosini, Nocerino
Robinho, El Shaarawy
The 3-2 loss at Fiorentina came with the added problem of Antonio Floro Flores picking up an injury, so Udinese boss Francesco Guidolin will not be able to call on the striker to partner Antonio Di Natale in attack while he has to deal with the other significant absences of Ghana midfield duo Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu and Kwadwo Asamoah still being on international duty as the Black Stars try to claim third place at the Africa Cup of Nations.
Midfielder Giampiero Pinzi is also out with the flu, but winter loan signings Gelson Fernandes and Michele Pazienza have settled quickly and are ready to feature once again. Hard-nosed defender Maurizio Domizzi could also start after in the three-man defence after recovering from an adductor muscle problem.
Meanwhile, AC Milan coach Massimiano Allegri has quite the selection headache: not only must he contend with injury-enforced absences that include the likes of Alessandro Nesta, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Alberto Aquilani, Antonio Cassano, and Alexandre Pato among others, but also two very notable suspensions.
Combative midfielder Mark van Bommel's booking in the 0-0 draw with Napoli resulted in a suspension for this match, while star striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic was handed a three-match ban for a slap on Salvatore Aronica during the same game. As a result, Emanuelson should get the nod due to his compatriot's absence, while promising youngster Stephen El Shaarawy or Maxi Lopez will look to pick up the slack up front alongside Robinho.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Udinese have the best home record in Serie A this season, so far unbeaten at the Stadio Friuli with 10 wins, one draw, and no losses.
- Guidolin's men have conceded 20 goals in league play this season, but only five on home soil.
- Di Natale has scored in five of his last six Serie A matches against the Rossoneri.
- AC Milan failed to score in consecutive matches for the first time since September 2009 after a loss to Lazio and draw with Napoli.
- Allegri's squad have collected the most points on the road this season, earning 20 points from 11 games.
- Over the last two seasons, Milan have actually won a better percentage of games without Ibrahimovic in the lineup (67 per cent) compared to when he does feature (60 per cent).