Kenny Dalglish aims to secure 250th managerial win at the Stadium of Light...
Shop for the latest footy kit
|Sunderland: Mignolet; Onuoha, Mensah, Bramble, Bardsley; Sessegnon, Henderson, Muntari, Richardson: Welbeck, Gyan.
|Liverpool: Reina; Carragher, Wilson, Skrtel, Johnson; Kuyt, Meireles, Lucas, Rodriguez; Suarez, Carroll.
- Sunderland have won just two of their previous 19 games against Liverpool.
- Steve Bruce’s side are currently on a five-game run without a win; they last tasted victory on January 22 away to Blackpool.
- The Black Cats have only scored once in their last four home meetings against the Reds, with Darren Bent bagging the goal with the assistance of a beach ball.
- Sunderland have gone 259 minutes without scoring in the Premier League.
- The Wearside club have dropped 13 points in the last ten minutes of games - the most in the Premier League.
- Kenny Dalglish can record the 250th win of his managerial career if Liverpool win at the Stadium of Light.
- Liverpool have lost all three of their Premier League away games directly following a Europa League matchday this season.
- Dirk Kuyt is Liverpool’s top scorer this season with seven Premier League goals, three of which came in their last league game against Manchester United.
- The Reds have taken 17 points from their last eight Premier League games.
September 25, 2010: Liverpool 2-2 Sunderland
- Liverpool have conceded six goals in the last minute of matches this season only Wolves have conceded more.
The two sides played out a controversial 2-2 draw when a Fernando Torres strike was the talking point of the fixture. Steven Gerrard also netted for the Reds, cancelling out two goals from Darren Bent.