The Estadio de Alvalade club are determined to take maximum points against their domestic rivals in order to remain in the race for the league title
J. Pereira, Polga, Onyewu, Insua
Carrillo, Wolfswinkel, Capel
Maicon, Otamendi, Rolando, A. Pereira
Hulk, Kleber, Djalma
Sporting coach Domingos Paciencia has received positive news from the club's infirmary as Jeffren Suarez has recovered from a thigh problem. Marat Izmailov has been deemed fully fit but he is expected to start the match on the bench, while Daniel Carrico and Alberto Rodriguez are still nursing injuries. Renato Neto is the only one of the three players signed by Sporting in January who has made the squad for the match.
Porto's Vitor Pereira is confident of being able to use Djalma for the match despite the 24-year-old having been called up to represent Angola in the Africa Cup of Nations. Apart from Emidio Rafael, the Portuguese coach has a fully-fit squad to choose from.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Sporting sit third in the Portuguese Liga table, six points off the summit.
- Os Leoes have not won the league title since 2001-02.
- The Lisbon-based club were held to a 1-1 draw by Academica de Coimbra in their last league match, which was their second stalemate in the competition this season.
- Porto have clinched 25 league titles, exactly seven more than Sporting and seven fewer than Benfica.
- Vitor Pereira's side have the best attack in the league, with 32 goals scored, and the joint best defence, with eight goals conceded.
- Sporting coach Domingos Paciencia played 22 matches for Porto against the club he now coaches, scoring eight goals.
- The Estadio de Alvalade outfit inflicted Porto their last league defeat, on February 28 2010, with Os Leoes picking up a 3-0 home victory.