After elimination from the Champions League in midweek, the capital side can only try and prolong the Primera Division title race on Saturday night
Varas; Dabo, Fazio, Escude, Navarro; Medel, Romaric; Capel, Renato, Perotti; Negredo
Diego Perotti will miss out, so teenager Luis Alberto will be involved in the squad, while Alexis Ruano continues to sit out too. Jesus Navas has not completely overcome a stress fracture.
|Real Madrid (4-2-3-1):
Casillas; Ramos, Garay, Albiol, Marcelo; Pepe, Alonso; Ronaldo, Ozil, Canales; Higuain
Questions have been raised over Karim Benzema’s midweek place on the bench, though with an excellent recent scoring record, the Frenchman does have a case to challenge for a starting berth against Emmanuel Adebayor and Gonzalo Higuain.
Ricardo Carvalho and Angel di Maria are banned.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- In their seven home matches since the halfway point of the season, Sevilla have picked up five wins and two draws.
- When Sevilla last drew a league meeting with los Blancos, that result ensured that the capital side would finish the league in second place, and a similar result would likely have an identical effect.
- At home against these opponents, Sevilla boast a goals for average of 2.6 per game over the course of the last seven years.
- Look for the hosts to make a quick start – 16 of their previous 20 goals against los Blancos at home have been struck in the opening 45 minutes.
- Real Madrid have won five of their last six away matches on league duty. Their other fixture was drawn.
- This is not a venue Iker Casillas enjoys visiting. Conceding on average 2.38 goals per game he plays at the venue, this is least successful stadium in that regard.
- At the other end of the field, Karim Benzema has scored in six of his last seven league matches.
- Strangely, when either Angel di Maria or Ricardo Carvalho has been absent this term, Real Madrid have won all four of their games.
- Jose Mourinho’s side have a torrid record at this venue in recent times, losing five of their last seven and winning just once.