The Paraguayans are looking to make the final for the first time in their history, as they take on Brazilian starlet Neymar and Santos in Sao Paulo this Wednesday
Rafael; Para, Durval, Edu Dracena, Leo; Adriano, Arouca, Danilo, Elano; Ze Eduardo, Neymar
Santos make one change at the back for the visit of Cerro, as Ganso remains their one long-term casualty.
|Cerro Porteno (4-4-2):
Barreto; Piris, Uglessich, Pedro Benitez, César Benítez; Caceres, Burgos, Villarreal, Torres; Fabbro, Nanni
Cerro will stick with a similar lineup as last week, again looking for Fabbro and Nanni to bring their scoring touch.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
Cerro won the group on goal differential with an advantage of five to three.
- The two squads were paired together in the group stage, making up half of Group 5.
- In the first game in Brazil, a goal from the penalty spot in the 91st minute by Nanni cancelled out one from Elano as the teams tied 1-1.
- In Paraguay, Santos won 2-1.
- Cerro managed to secure the group on the last day after coming back from 2-0 down to beat Colo-Colo 3-2.
- Cerro were ranked fifth after the group stage based on performance, the highest of the four teams left.
- Santos have not scored more than one goal in any game during the knockout stage.
- This is the first time since 2008 that two Brazilians teams did not meet in the semifinals.
- Roberto Nanni has the most goals in the tournament with seven, tied with Wallyson of Cruzeiro.
- Cerro also have not scored more than a goal in any game during the knockout stage, failing to score twice.