Just a couple of points separate the two sides, both of whom are hovering just above the relegation zone...
|Sampdoria: Curci; Volta, Gastaldello, Martinez; Mannini, Dessena, Koman, Poli, Ziegler; Guberti; Maccarone
|Parma: Mirante; Zaccardo, Paci, Paletta; Valiani, Morrone, Dzemaili, Modesto; Candreva; Crespo, Palladino
- Sampdoria head into Week 30 placed 15th in the Serie A standings with 31 points, just three more than third-from-bottom Lecce.
- The Blucerchiati have a uniform record at home in the league this season – won five, lost five and drawn five.
- Alberto Cavasin’s side have lost their last three league encounters and four of their last five, drawing the other one.
- Parma are just two places and one point above the relegation zone, and two points behind Sampdoria.
- The Ducali have not won any of their last eight Serie A encounters.
- On home form alone Pasquale Marino’s side would be placed 15th. On away form too, they would be stationed in 15th.
November 11, 2010: Parma 1-0 Sampdoria
Valeri Bojinov's goal in the 84th minute saw Parma win their first game in Serie A since August 29 and lift themselves off the foot of the table.