It's the Derby della Capitale and it has a lot at stake, not least the three points that will be vital to both teams as they try to qualify for Europe next season...
|Roma: Doni; N. Burdisso, Mexes, Juan, Riise; Pizarro, De Rossi; Taddei, Perrotta, Vucinic; Totti
|Lazio: Muslera, Lichtsteiner, Stendardo, Biava, Radu; Ledesma, Matuzalem; Sculli, Hernanes, Zarate; Floccari
- Roma occupy the final Europa League slot as they are placed sixth in the Serie A standings with 46 points from 28 matches. Five points divide them from the fourth spot.
- The Giallorossi have won the last four Derby della Capitale, including a Coppa Italia triumph over their neighbours this year.
- Since Vincenzo Montella replaced Claudio Ranieri as coach, Roma have collected seven points from three league matches. The 36-year-old also holds the record of being the only player to score four goals in a single derby – that came in a 5-1 win for Roma in March 2002.
- The Lupi are the only team in Serie A not to have scored from outside the penalty box and have been awarded more penalties than any other side in the league (seven).
- Roma forward Marco Borriello has struck the woodwork six times in 2010-11 – the highest tally in the league.
- Heading into Week 29 Lazio find themselves fourth in Serie A with 51 points from 28 matches. Last season at this stage they had just 26.
- Out of 133 Rome derbies in Serie A, the Biancocelesti have won 33 compared to Roma’s 46.
- Edy Reja’s side have won three of their last four league matches and have conceded just once during this period.
- The Aquile would be ranked sixth in the league standings based on away form.
- Lazio have conceded 16 goals fewer than Roma in Serie A but have scored eight fewer than their arch-rivals.
January 19, 2011: Roma 2-1 Lazio
Roma progressed to the Coppa Italia quarter-finals by defeating Lazio in the Round of 16 at the Stadio Olimpico. Marco Borriello broke the deadlock in the Rome derby just eight minutes into the second half but four minutes later Hernanes scored from the spot to equalise for the Aquile. However, Fabio Simplicio found the target for Roma on 77 minutes to win the match for the Lupi.