Pep Guardiola's side continue their pursuit of Real Madrid at the top of the table as they face an in-form Manolo Jimenez outfit
Lanzaro, Da Silva, Paredes, Abraham
Ruben Micael, Zuculini
Barrera, Garcia, Lafita
Alves, Mascherano, Puyol, Adriano
Thiago, Busquets, Iniesta
Messi, Fabregas, Sanchez
Other absentees for the clash include David Mateos, who has a muscle injury, and Luis Garcia, who also missed the session due to a fever. The 31-year-old may recover in time for the weekend. Pablo Alvarez did not train on Tuesday after been given a leave of absence by coach Jimenez.
Pep Guardiola conducted training on Wednesday morning, with the players involved in the AC Milan win taking part in recovery exercises. Ibrahim Afellay and Eric Abidal took part in the session, but the Dutchman is still working towards a return after his knee injury at the start of the season. Abidal should be undergoing a liver transplant in the coming weeks while Gerard Pique will likely miss out through a thigh injury.
Xavi started the Champions League match midweek so it is likely he will be given a rest as the Catalans travel to La Romareda, with Thiago Alcantara being drafted in.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last match between Zaragoza and Barcelona saw Pep Guardiola's side record a comfortable 4-0 victory with Gerard Pique, Lionel Messi, Carles Puyol and David Villa on target for the Catalans.
- Manolo Jimenez' men are on a terrific run of form at the moment, notching up 10 points from their last four matches, which included victories over Valencia and Atletico Madrid.
- Zaragoza's top goalscorer this season is Helder Postiga, with seven goals in 23 appearances.
- Lionel Messi broke another record in midweek. He is now the top goalscorer in a single Champions League season with 14 goals.
- In La Liga, Barcelona have accumulated the staggering 86 goals, while Zaragoza have netted 27 times
- Messi alone has scored more goals this season than the whole squad of the Aragonese team.