Jose Mourinho's side welcome the French outfit to the Bernabeu as both look to continue their unbeaten starts to their prospective European campaigns
Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo
Khedira, Xabi Alonso
Ronaldo, Ozil, Kaka
Reveillere, Cris, Lovren, Cissokho
Briand, Gourcuff, Bastos
Jose Mourinho's men will be looking to continue their perfect start to the Champions League when they welcome Lyon on Tuesday evening. The Portuguese coach will return to the dugout after serving a touchline ban.
Gonzalo Higuain bagged his third hat-trick in four matches for club and country against Real Betis, and Mourinho is faced with a selection dilemma with Karim Benzema returning to full fitness. Marcelo is also likely to come back into the side after being suspended for the match against Ajax on matchday two.
Kaka has also rediscovered form in the absence of Angel di Maria, who is available after being suspended for Madrid's last two La Liga matches, and both will fight for a starting slot. Madrid are without Raul Albiol (cheekbone) and Nuri Sahin, whilst there are doubts over the fitness of Ricardo Carvalho.
Lyon travel to the Spanish capital without Lisandro Lopez, who is continuing to recover from a severe ankle strain, but the French side will be boosted by the return of Yoann Gourcuff who made an appearance as a substitute against Nancy.
Club captain Cris returned to action and is expected to line-up in central defence against Madrid after two months out.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The two sides have met in the last two Champions League seasons during the knockout stages, with each team having progressed once.
- Madrid ended a run of six consecutive round of 16 defeats by overcoming Lyon last season, only to eventually crash out to eventual winners Barcelona.
- Los Blancos conceded just two goals in the group stage in 2010-11, both away from Santiago Bernabeu.
- Lyon lost to Real Madrid in the last 16 last season, with the Spanish side winning 3-0 at the Bernabeu after the teams had shared a 1-1 draw in France.
- Remi Garde's team managed one victory outside of France in last year's competition - a 3-1 win over Hapoel Tel Aviv.
- Lyon have yet to concede a goal in their opening two games; having drawn 0-0 against Ajax before a 2-0 win over Dinamo Zagreb.