Jose Mourinho’s men were in spectacular form at the weekend, and they’ll be aiming for a repeat performance against their city rivals
|Real Madrid (4-2-3-1):
Adan; Arbeloa, Pepe, Carvalho, Marcelo; Diarra, Alonso; Ronaldo, Ozil, Di Maria; Higuain
Injury problems are thin on the ground, though Sami Khedira and Fernando Gago are still out. Kaka and Iker Casillas are both rested, while Sergio Ramos is banned.
Ustari; M. Torres, Diaz, Marcano, Mane; V. Sanchez, Casquero; Pedro Rios, Parejo, Adri; Miku
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Real Madrid’s record at home this season was perfect until they were defeated by Sporting Gijon on April 2. Since then, los Blancos have failed to pick up a victory in three subsequent attempts.
- Despite stuttering at home, Jose Mourinho’s men have been brilliant on their travels, scoring 12 goals in their last two matches, which were against European chasing Sevilla and Valencia.
- Los Blancos have won all of their last five away matches in the Primera Division.
- Known for their superb defensive record at the start of the season, Real Madrid have only kept one clean sheet in seven attempts in the league.
- Cristiano Ronaldo’s quartet of goals at the Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan have taken him to 46 goals this season, and the magical 50 is not yet out of sight.
- Getafe languish 16th in the Primera Division table, boasting only one point more than the team at the top of the drop zone.
- The recent form of the Madrid-based side is poor, with only three wins in 19 league matches.
- When el Geta last won away from home, they completed a four-game winning streak by defeating Almeria 3-2 in the final round of matches before Christmas.
- Almeria were also Getafe’s victims as they won 2-0 at the weekend.
- On 13 occasions, the Coliseum Alfonso Perez side have led at the break, but they’ve only managed to turn in seven wins from those encounters.