Having defeated all-comers in La Liga and the Europa League, Diego Simeone's side will look to continue their impressive form against the Segunda B minnows
Gaitan, Servando, Torres, Adri
Jerez, Machado, Espinosa
Silvio, Diaz, Pulido, Cisma
Gabi, Suarez, Garcia
The Colombian has been left out of the squad travelling to the Nuevo Estadio de la Victoria, along with a host of other first team regulars, including Emre and defender Miranda, who netted in the 3-1 win against Osasuna on Sunday.
Simeone has instead opted for youth, calling up Saul Niguez, Kader, Oliver Torres and Pedro Martin from the Atletico B side, while defender Fallou Gallas joins the squad from Atletico’s youth squad.
Jaen come into the fixture on the back of a 1-0 win over Real Balompedica Linense, thanks to Migue Montes’s first-half strike.
However, the Andalusian side will have to tackle their Liga opponents without suspended defender Nando, after he was shown a red card for two bookable offences during their victory.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Since their opening day draw at Levante, Atletico Madrid have won their last 12 consecutive games in all competitions, sitting second in La Liga, level on points with leaders Barcelona.
- Los Rojiblancos crashed out of last season's Copa del Rey to Segunda B opposition, losing 3-1 on aggregate to Albacete.
- Radamel Falcao (pictured, right) is the only Spanish-based player outside of Real Madrid and Barcelona to be nominated for the 2012 Ballon D'Or.
- Real Jaen currently sit in second place in Segunda B Group IV and remain unbeaten at home this season having won three and drawn two.
- Jaen have never lost to Atletico at the Nuevo Estadio de la Victoria, winning 1-0 in their only previous encounter at the ground during the 2001/02 season.
- Local businesses from around the area have promised numerous prizes to Jaen players should they deliver the goods against Atletico, including one company that has vowed to present any goalscorer with their own weight in tinned vegetables.