The Seleccao have drawn blanks in their last two matches and will be looking for a positive result before they travel to their pre-Euro base in Opalenica
J. Pereira, Pepe, B. Alves, Coentrao
Nani, Postiga, Ronaldo
Gonul, Toprak, Kaya, Kaldirim
Gokhan Tore, Yilmaz, Turan
Portugal coach Paulo Bento has almost a full squad to choose from, after Ricardo Quaresmaand Silvestre Varela fully recovered from their respective muscular problems that had afflicted them earlier in the week.
Rui Patricio, Raul Meireles, Nani and Pepe are tipped to make the starting XI this time as Bento is expected to field his strongest team on Saturday.
Turkey boss Abdullah Avci has been rotating his players in the last matches, but he is expected to put experimenting on the side and name a strong starting team, with Burak Yilmaz leading the attack after scoring three goals in the last two matches.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Portugal booked a place at Euro 2012 only via the play-off system after finishing second in their qualifying group.
- This will be the sixth time that the Seleccao will take part in an European Championship.
- Paulo Bento's side have not missed a single edition of the Euro since 1992.
- Turkey finished second in their Euro 2012 qualifying group, losing to Croatia in the play-offs 3-0 on aggregate.
- Abdullah Avci took charge of the national team after the two-legged tie, replacing Guus Hiddink.
- The last match between the two teams took place at Euro 2008, with Portugal coming out on top 2-0.
- However, Turkey made in 2008 their best campaign in a Euro tournament, reaching the semi-finals, where they lost to runners-up Germany.