Both sides are seeking a win to secure qualification to the last eight of the Copa America when they lock horns in Salta
|Paraguay: Villar; Piris, Da Silva, Veron, Torres; Barreto, Ortigoza, Riveros, Estigarribia; Santa Cruz, Barrios
Paraguay coach Gerardo Martino could call upon the same side that secured a 2-2 draw against Brazil on Saturday. The only change will be in the dugout where Martino was handed a touchline ban for his arguments with officials following Fred's 90th minute equaliser for the Selecao.
|Venezuela: Vega; Rosales, Vizcarrondo, Perozo, Cichero; Lucena, Gonzalez, Rincon; Arango, Miku, Rondon
La Vinotinto are the surprise leaders of Group B and could well secure their passage into the last eight if they defeat Paraguay or other results go their way. Oswaldo Vizcarrondo has previously stated that his side aren't feeling the pressure and know that only a win will definitely guarantee their place in the quarter-finals. Cesar Farias looks set to call upon largely the same side that have performed impressively over the first two games.
- Paraguay drew 2-2 with Brazil in the previous game, but were minutes away from a superb come-from-behind victory.
- The Guarani are unbeaten in six games yet find themselves not assured of qualification despite two impressive performances.
- Gerardo Martino's men will qualify if they are not defeated.
- Paraguay, who were beaten in last year's World Cup quarter-finals by Spain, beat Venezuela in their previous head-to-head encounter in 2009.
- Venezuela are the leaders of Group B with four points in two games. Nevertheless, Cesar Farias' men are still not assured of their place in the Copa America quarter-finals.
- If La Vinotinto win, they qualify as group winners. If they do not, a draw will suffice, so long as the game between Brazil and Ecuador ends in a draw, or if Brazil win by one goal and Venezuela score at least two.
- Venezuela are yet to win the Copa America, one of three nations not have done so in the region.
- Jose Manuel Rey is the most capped player in the squad, with 111 appearances to his name.
Follow Goal.com on . Get the latest football news direct... Check out Goal.com's page; be part of the best football fan community in the world!