A win for OM would see them leapfrog Lille and top the Ligue 1 standings with only six games remaining
Shop for the latest footy kit
|Olympique Marseille: Mandanda; Taiwo, Diawara, Heinze, Fanni; Kabore, Lucho, Cheyrou, Ayew, Valbuena; Gignac;||
OGC Nice: Ospina; Diakite, Civelli, Clerc, Pejčinović; Sable, Digard, Traore, Coulibaly; Moulongoui, Mounier
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Marseille picked up the Coupe de la Ligue trophy for the second successive season after beating Montpellier 1-0 in Saturday's final.
- After that success last term, l'OM went on to clinch the Ligue 1 title and could go top of the table and emulate last season's achievements if they beat Nice.
- Didier Deschamps men have only lost once in the league in 2011.
- They are also currently on a six-match unbeaten run in Ligue 1.
- Les Phoceens last lost to Wednesday's opponents at the Stade Velodrome in August 2007.
- This fixture last season ended in a 4-1 win for Marseille, en route to a first league title since 1992.
- Nice are on a seven match unbeaten run in Ligue 1.
- Their last defeat in the league was to PSG, more than two months ago.
- Les Aiglons have only scored 25 league goals this season, with Anthony Mounier having a hand in 13 of them.
- Eric Roy's side sit 14th in Ligue 1, however, they lie only a point above a congested relegation zone.
- The Stade Velodrome isn't a happy place for Nice, having lost 15 of their last 16 trips there.
December 5, 2010: Nice 1-0 Olympique Marseille
Marseille were undone by a late Emerse Fae winner in stoppage time at the Stade du Ray in December, which was effectively the start of a winless run for the defending champions.
Despite dominating proceedings, Didier Deschamps men were unable to break down a resolute home rearguard and were made to wait a month before their next league win.