|Marseille: Mandanda; Heinze, Diawara, Mbia, Taiwo; Kabore, Cisse, Gonzalez; Ayew, Remy, Valbuena.
|Lille: Landreau; Beria, Chedjou, Rami, Debuchy; Balmont, Cabaye, Mavuba; Hazard, Gervinho, Sow.
- Marseille have not suffered a league defeat at the Stade Velodrome since the opening day of the season, when they lost 2-1 to newly-promoted Caen.
- They are currently the form team in Ligue 1, having won four and drawn one of their last five league matches.
- Of the 24 meetings between the two sides in Ligue 1 history, Marseille have emerged victorious 11 times, while Lille have claimed all three points on 7 occasions.
- Marseille have scored in each of their last eight matches against Lille.
- In 2011, they have notched up 16 points, more than any other Ligue 1 side.
- Lille have opened the scoring in a league-high 18 matches this season.
- Should Moussa Sow score against Marseille, it will be his 30th Ligue 1 goal. He is currently top scorer in Ligue 1 this season with a tally of 17.
- Against the other teams currently occupying the top five places in the Ligue 1 table, Lille have yet to register a victory.
- In all competitions, they have won just one of their last seven matches in normal time, with their victory against Lorient in the Coupe de France on Wednesday coming after penalties.
October 24, 2010: Lille 1-3 Marseille
After trailing 1-0 at half-time through a Yohan Cabaye half-volley, second half goals from Loic Remy and Lucho Gonzalez saw Marseille leave the Stade Metropole with all three points.