The hosts come into the match on the back of a three-game winning run, but will now prepare to face a Rossoblu outfit who have held their own against the big boys to date
Campagnaro, Cannavaro, Aronica
Maggio, Inler, Gargano, Dossena
Raggi, Antonsson, Cherubin
Pulzetti, Perez, Mudingayi, Morleo
Acquafresca, Di Vaio
The only pressing injury concern for Napoli will be that of Argentine forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, whose muscle strain could potentially keep him out for five more games, having already missed the Partenopei's last three.
Elsewhere, coach Walter Mazzarri is set to ring the changes from the 2-1 win over Cesena in the Coppa Italia midweek, as Morgan De Sanctis, Hugo Campagnaro, Salvatore Aronica, Christian Maggio, Walter Gargano and Goran Pandev are set to replace the sextet of Antonio Rosati, Federico Fernandez, Miguel Britos, Juan Zuniga, Blerim Dzemaili and Eduardo Vargas.
For the visitors, Bologna, Stefano Pioli is expected to make two alterations from the XI that successfully beat Catania 2-0 last weekend to halt a run of three games without a win, as Gianluca Cherubin and Gaston Ramirez should replace injured duo Simone Loria and Alessandro Diamanti.
However, Panagiotis Kone remains sidelined, while Daniele Portanova must see out one more match of his suspension, accrued during his side's 2-0 loss to Roma on December 21.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Bologna's win over Catania ended a run of three winless games.
- Despite not winning any of their last three away matches, the Rossoblu have have scored at least once in each of their last five fixtures on the road.
- Bologna have won just one of their last 14 games at the San Paolo in Serie A - a 5-1 win in October 2000.
- Napoli have lost only one of their last six meetings with Bologna, triumphing in four of them.
- The Partenopei have netted in each of their last seven league games.
- They have lost just once in their last eight Serie A fixtures - a 3-1 reverse to Roma on home soil.
- Slovakian midfielder Marek Hamsik scored three goals over the two clashes with Bologna last season.
- Edinson Cavani has found the net in his last two Serie A appearances; the first time he has scored in back-to-back league games since last April.