The Bavarians have fallen further behind Jurgen Klopp's side in the title race in recent weeks and the pressure will be on should the league leaders overcome Stuttgart on Friday
Feulner, Marroh, Wollscheid, Pinola
Chandler, Didavi, Hlousek
Lahm, Boateng, Badstuber, Alaba
Robben, Muller, Ribery
Dieter Hecking will be without attackers Alexander Esswein and Christian Eigler who both miss out through injury. The team is otherwise unchanged from the side that lost 1-0 to Stuttgart last weekend.
Bayern Munich continue to count defenders Breno and Daniel Van Buyten among their absentees, though the later is undergoing rehabilitation following a broken metatarsal.
Bastian Schweinsteiger could make his return from a lengthy spell on the sidelines but it remains likely that Luiz Gustavo will make way for Anatoliy Tymoshchuk in midfield. Rafinha could also be used to give Philip Lahm a rest ahead of the second leg of their Champions League semi-final.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- After a run of three consecutive wins, Nurnberg have lost their last three Bundesliga games.
- Der Club remain unbeaten in their last three home games against Bayern Munich.
- Only Kaiserslautern have scored fewer goals than Dieter Hecking's side in the Bundesliga this season. With a total of just 25, Mario Gomez has only scored two less.
- Bayern Munich boast the Bundesliga's most potent attack with an impressive 66 goals in their 27 games so far this season.
- The Bavarians have not lost in their last eight matches against Nurnberg in all competitions.
- Bayern have only won six of their 10 league matches since the turn of the year. This form has seen them drop further behind reigning champions Borussia Dortmund.