Rene Girard's men can take another step towards a first-ever Ligue 1 title with victory over a resurgent Sochaux side whose relegation worries are still apparent.
Bocaly, Yanga-Mbiwa, Hilton, Bedimo
Ait Fana, Belhanda, Utaka
FC SOCHAUX MONTBELIARD
Corchia, Poujol, Yaya, Sauget
Boudebouz, Martin, Camara
Montpellier boss Rene Girard has no pressing injury concerns ahead of the visit of Sochaux to Stade de la Mosson.
Marco Estrada is expected to be named among the starting XI after appearing as a substitute two weeks ago, with Joris Marveaux expected to make way. Olivier Giroud, linked with various clubs this week, will lead the line in a 4-2-3-1 formation.
Meanwhile, Sochaux are sweating on the fitness of goalkeeper Teddy Richert who sustained an eye injury last week. The veteran les Lionceaux captain is subject to a late fitness test, with 19-year-old Papa Demba Camara standing by in goal.
Last week's goalscorer Modibo Maiga appears to be prefereed to Edouard Butin in the lone striker role, as Eric Hely's men seek victory that could boost their survival chances.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Montpellier are leading the Ligue 1 table, with 60 points from 29 games.
- La Paillade have won their previous six home matches without conceding a goal.
- Rene Girard's men have dropped only five points at Stade de la Mosson this season.
- Sochaux have won three of their last four fixtures under new boss Eric Hely.
- Les Lionceaux have only won one of their last five encounters against Montpellier.
- Saturday's visitors are 19th in the table, with 27 points.