The Serie A champions will be chomping at the bit to kick-start their season with three valuable points, while the visitors strive to maintain their winning start to the campaign
|AC Milan (4-3-1-2): Abbiati; Abate, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Antonini; Nocerino, van Bommel, Seedorf; Aquilani; Pato, Cassano
Coach Massimiliano Allegri continues to be faced with a mounting injury list, which sees the young tactician still without the services of Mathieu Flamini, Massimo Ambrosini, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Robinho and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. However, Daniele Bonera is expected to be dropped in favour of Luca Antonini at left-back, despite Taye Taiwo being in contention once again. Filippo Inzaghi could also feature at some point during proceedings on Wednesday.
|Udinese (3-5-1-1): Handanovic; Benatia, Danilo, Domizzi; Basta, Agyemang-Badu, Pinzi, Isla, Armero; Torje; Di Natale
The Zebrette are likely to be without Ghanaian midfielder Kwadwo Asamoah, who picked up a knock during their impressive 2-0 win over Fiorentina at the weekend, so Mauricio Isla will move to the middle, with Dusan Basta taking up the reins on the right-hand side of midfield. In addition to their injury woes, Damiano Ferronetti, Giovanni Pasquale and Antonio Floro Flores still have a further week until their respective comebacks.
- Milan have won just one of their past five meetings with Udinese in Serie A.
- The 3-1 loss to Napoli last week was only Milan's second during the calendar year in the league.
- Only once in the past 13 seasons had the Diavolo previously failed to win any of their first two games.
- However, Milan remain unbeaten at home in Serie A throughout 2011, winning seven times and drawing four.
- Currently, Milan have the joint-worst defensive record in domestic matters, having conceded five.
- This is in stark contrast to Udinese, who have kept clean sheets in their first two games.
- The Zebrette are unbeaten in the last five league matches, including a 100 per cent record so far this season.
- The last time Udinese won their first two games of the season was in 2005-06, with wins against Empoli and Roma.
- Udinese have failed to win in their past four clashes against Milan in all competitions.