After Wednesday's defeat to Barcelona, the Rossoneri will be hoping to maintain their impressive domestic form, which has seen them win five of their last six league encounters
Abate, Bonera, Thiago Silva, Zambrotta
Nocerino, Van Bommel, Seedorf
Frey, Andreolli, Cesar, Jokic
Hetemaj, Rigoni, Bradley
The hosts will still be without long-term absentees Antonio Cassano, Mathieu Flamini and Gennaro Gattuso, with none of the trio expected to return to the squad until after the new year.
On the plus side for the Rossoneri, Kevin-Prince Boateng is available after serving his domestic ban, along with Alexandre Pato, who has returned from injury with substitute appearances against Fiorentina and Barcelona. Philippe Mexes could also return to the squad after recovering from a hand injury; the former Roma defender is unlikely to start, even though Alessandro Nesta has been ruled out with a hip injury, but could well make the bench behind Daniele Bonera.
Domenico Di Carlo's side will have to face Milan without defenders Santiago Morero and Genardo Sardo, who are both suffering from thigh strains.
The visitors are also likely to be without Peruvian midfeilder Rinaldo Cruzado, with Paolo Sammarco expected to step in. However, Bostjan Cesar is in line to regain his place in the centre of defence after returning from the bench in last week's victory over Catania.
||DID YOU KNOW|
- Milan have scored more goals than any other side in Serie A this season, having netted 23 times so far, five more than leaders Juventus.
- The Rossoneri have only conceded one goal fewer than city rivals Inter, but remain 10 points above the Nerazzurri.
- Milan are still unbeaten at San Siro in Serie A this season, but did lose 3-2 at home to Barcelona in an entertaining Champions League clash on Wednesday.
- Chievo have won as many as they've lost this season, with four in each column.
- Only three teams have scored fewer goals than the Flying Donkeys, yet the visitors sit ninth in Serie A.
- Di Carlo's men have won only one game away from home this season.