Massimiliano Allegri's men will be aiming to leapfrog Juventus in the race for the Scudetto, with a win over the Rossoblu at San Siro on Sunday afternoon
Abate, Nesta, Yepes, Antonini
Nocerino, Van Bommel, Muntari
Raggi, Portanova, Cherubin
Garics, Perez, Mudingayi, Rubin
AC Milan boss Massimiliano Allegri will be without a handful of influential players for the clash at San Siro. Thiago Silva, Alexandre Pato and Kevin-Prince Boateng are all still nursing muscle injuries while Massimo Ambrosini will also miss out due to a knock.
Mark van Bommel returns from a back injury and should be handed a start in midfield while Ignazio Abate has recovered from a muscle strain and should slot into a right-back role. Daniele Bonera is available for selection again after serving a ban.
Meanwhile, Federico Agliardi will deputise for the injured Jean-Francois Gillet between the posts for Bologna at the weekend. Gyorgy Garics will likely receive the starting nod ahead of Nico Pulzetti on the right side.
Bologna boss Stefano Pioli will also be unable to call upon Jose Angel Crespo and Federico Casarini who are injured.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- AC Milan have the most wins (20) and have scored the most goals (62) in Serie A so far this season.
- The Rossoneri have only picked up two victories in their last five matches at San Siro (W2 D2 L1).
- Allegri's men have kept the most clean sheets (16) in the league this term.
- Bologna have lost 10 games by a two-goal margin this season.
- The Rossoblu have secured only one win in their last five encounters (W1, D2, L2).
- Pioli's side have failed to score in their last two matches away from the Renato Dall'Ara.