Blues are looking to extend a winning streak in Premier League meetings with the Red Devils, and will go ahead in the title race if they defeat their Champions League conquerors
Manchester United (4-4-2)
The Scot is also expected to make changes to the line-up that he fielded against Schalke, with Michael Carrick, Rio Ferdinand , Ryan Giggs, Javier Hernandez , Park Ji-Sung, Wayne Rooney and Nemanja Vidic all likely to return to the starting XI.
Sir Alex has also confirmed that Darren Fletcher will not start on Sunday, despite having made a cameo appearance against Schalke.
There have also been reports that Fernando Torres could be dropped from the starting line-up for this clash, as the Spain international has scored only once since his January move to Chelsea.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Manchester United have not lost a single Premier League game at Old Trafford this season. Their record reads 16 wins, one draw, and no losses.
- The Red Devils have also scored 43 goals at home this season, which is the most by any team in their own backyard.
- United have picked up 10 out of a possible 15 points from their last five league games. Their dropped points came in the form of a goalless draw against Newcastle United at St James’ Park, and a defeat to Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.
- Sir Alex’s charges are also on course to equal Chelsea’s record of accumulating a mammoth 55 points at home. The Blues won 18 and drew one of their 19 games at Stamford Bridge during the 2005-06 season.
- No team has scored a first-half goal in the league against United at Old Trafford this season.
- Chelsea are undefeated in their last 10 Premier League games, with eight wins against their name. But during this period, they did lose twice to the Red Devils in the Champions League.
- But the Blues have done well away from home in the domestic circuit, as they have scored 29 goals on their travels. Only Arsenal (36) have scored more.
- But to Carlo Ancelotti’s credit, his players are also the most defensively adept unit when playing away from home, as they have shipped in only 17 goals so far. This is the least number of goals conceded by any team in the top-flight on their travels.
- Despite having lost two Champions League matches to the OId Trafford outfit, the Blues have the upper hand in league games. They have won the last three league meetings between the two sides. But it has to also be noted that Chelsea have managed to keep only one clean sheet in their last 15 visits to Old Trafford.
- Florent Malouda (pictured above) is Chelsea’s top scorer in the Premier League with 13 goals to his name.
Visit Goal.com Live Scores!