The title credentials of Wenger's side come into the spotlight against the holders, while the hosts need a big win after an uncertain start to the defence of their crown
Maicon, Kompany, Lescott, Clichy
Milner, Toure, Silva
Jenkinson, Mertesacker, Vermaelen, Gibbs
Arteta, Cazorla, Diaby
Oxlade-Chamberlain, Gervinho, Podolski
Manchester City could welcome back Sergio Aguero (knee) to the starting line-up following his return to the squad for the midweek clash against Real Madrid, but he is expected to again start on the bench for the champions.
Samir Nasri (hamstring) was substituted in the first half at the Santiago Bernabeu and could miss the next few weeks with injury.
Pablo Zabaleta (hamstring) is also expected to return to full fitness while fellow defender Micah Richards (ankle) remains a long-term absentee with no date earmarked for his return.
Wojciech Szczesny (ankle) is available for Arsene Wenger to select after the young shot-stopper sat out the match against Montpellier, but the Arsenal boss could opt for Vito Mannone, with the Italian having made three impressive appearances this term.
Jack Wilshere (ankle) and Emmanuel Frimpong (ACL) both resumed training for the Gunners this week, but the duo are another couple of weeks away from a first-team return.
Bacary Sagna (broken leg) and Tomas Rosicky (Achilles) are also set to return alongside the youngsters, with the match against West Ham on October 6 likely to be their first involvement in the squad this season.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- The three encounters between Manchester City and Arsenal last season all ended 1-0.
- The defending champions have won 29 and lost none of their last 31 Premier League home matches.
- There have been four red cards in the last four Premier League games between these two sides.
- Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla (pictured right) has created more scoring chances for team-mates from open play than any other player (14).
- The Gunners have lost just one of their last 10 Premier League away games.
- Sunday's referee is Mike Dean and Arsenal have won just one of the last 14 Premier League matches with him in charge.