Jose Mourinho's men head to the Balearic Islands on Saturday evening knowing a victory would extend their lead at the top of Liga to eight points, temporarily at least
Cendros, Chico, Ramis, Bigas
Pereira, Nsue, Castro
Arbeloa, Ramos, Pepe, Marcelo
Xabi Alonso, Diarra
Ozil, Kaka, Ronaldo
Mallorca have no new injury problems heading into their home fixture with Real Madrid although Joaquin Caparros does have a few selection dilemmas after a rotated starting line-up defeated Real Sociedad 6-1 in the Copa del Rey in midweek.
Emilio Nsue is likely to come back into the starting XI in place of Marvin Ogunjimi while Victor Casadesus could return with Tomer Hemad dropping to the bench, despite the Israeli international's brace against la Real.
Jose Mourinho has a few injury concerns as his side head to Mallorca with Ricardo Carvalho and Sami Khedira both ruled out the fixture. Angel Di Maria has resumed training yet is expected to start the game on the substitute's bench.
With Khedira out, Lassana Diarra could partner Xabi Alonso in the centre of midfield with Mesut Ozil likely to start the game after not making the starting line-up for Madrid's 1-0 win over Malaga in the Copa del Rey on Tuesday.
Despite Karim Benzema coming on midweek to score the winning goal, the French forward has been training lightly due to a knock picked up last weekend, meaning Gonzalo Higuain may start the game upfront on his own.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Mallorca picked up their biggest win of the season on Tuesday when they defeated Real Sociedad 6-1 in the Copa del Rey to qualify for the competition's quarter-finals.
- The Balearic Island club have scored the joint-fewest goals in the second half of games this season in Liga (six).
- Joaquin Caparros has drawn only one of his 20 meetings with Real Madrid (five wins, one draw and 14 defeats).
- Real Madrid have the best away record in Liga this season, picking up 22 points on the road from a possible 27.
- Jose Mourinho's side are on a run of six straight away victories and are three away from equalling their record of nine, set in the 2009-10 campaign.
- Madrid have only failed to score on one of their last 10 visits to Mallorca, a 0-0 draw in August 2010.