Pep Guardiola's side finish another successful domestic campaign with a match against the in-form Andalucians
Caballero; Gamez, Stadsgaard, Weligton, Mtiliga; Fernandez, Camacho, Duda; Maresca; Baptista, Rondon
Striker Julio Baptista is doubtful due to a muscular problem, while Rondon remains injured.
Valdes; Alves, Mascherano, Pique, Abidal; Xavi, Busquets, Iniesta; Pedro, Messi, Villa
Everyone in the Catalans’ squad is fit to some extent, with Carles Puyol and Gabriel Milito both joining in Thursday’s training session, though the two centre-backs should still be considered doubtful. Adriano, meanwhile, shall be fit.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- Malaga may be firmly in the heart of the Primera Division table, but they are top of the form charts, having won five of their last eight games.
- Despite this recent surge, the Andalusian outfit still haven’t fared well at home this season; only Almeria have won fewer points than their 24.
- Los Boquerones have lost 65 goals this season – the same number as Real Sociedad – and if they concede more than the Basques on Saturday, they could well finish as the league’s worst defensive side.
- In their last 10 matches, they’ve only lost six goals, winning five of their last six outings.
- Barcelona, though the league’s second top scorers, have only mustered 11 goals in their last eight fixtures.
- While the Blaugrana’s offence has been misfiring strangely, they’ve been robust at the back, conceding only five times during that period – fewer than any other side.
- In matches that are tied at half-time, Barca have gone on to win seven of their 11 fixtures, which is a better record than any team in the league.
- Pep Guardiola’s side are unbeaten against teams in the top half of the standings, yet they’ve twice been beaten when facing a lower 10 outfit.
- With only 16 goals conceded in 32 games, Victor Valdes will claim the Zamora Trophy ahead of Iker Casillas.
- Barcelona’s goal difference is an incredible +71, but at one stage earlier this season they were threatening to break the 100 barrier.