The Reds face a Swans side who have just one point in five away games and are unbeaten in five fixtures at Anfield this season, but have won just two of those clashes
Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Enrique
Henderson, Adam, Lucas, Downing
Rangel, Monk, Williams, Taylor
Gower, Britton, Allen
Dyer, Graham, Sinclair
That means a pairing of Lucas and Charlie Adam, which was so effective for the Reds against West Brom, should continue in the middle.
Centre-back Jamie Carragher may yet recover from his calf injury but a pairing of Agger and Skrtel, could continue after keeping what was only Liverpool’s 3rd league clean sheet this season in their last outing.
Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers may well choose to trust the same lineup used for the Swans past two games after recent positive results.
That side yielded an away point at Wolves, their first all season, and an impressive home win over Bolton Wanderers.
The attacking triumvirate of Joe Allen, Scott Sinclair and Danny Graham have three quarters of Swansea’s league goals between them this season and will hope they can finally bring that cutting edge to an away ground in order to build on their first away point.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- These two sides have clashed 20 times in the league since the inception of English football, the last occasion coming in 1983.
- Liverpool have won 10 of those matches, Swansea six and four have finished in draws.
- The last time the two sides met at Anfield, Swansea were humbled 8-0 in the FA Cup.
- Current Reds manager Kenny Dalglish was in his first spell as Liverpool coach on that day.
- Swansea have yet to keep a clean sheet away from home in the Premier League.
- Liverpool are undefeated at home this season but have already drawn three times in five games.
- The hosts have the third-strongest defensive record in the division, having conceded 10 goals in as many games.
How do you stay up to date with football when on the move? With http://m.goal.com – your best source for mobile coverage of the beautiful game.