The veteran defender is calling time on a career spanning 17 seasons against the Championship-bound club, with the Rs looking to avoid finishing bottom of the Premier League table
Johnson, Carragher, Coates, Enrique
Henderson, Lucas, Shelvey
Borini, Sturridge, Coutinho
Fabio, Samba, Hill, Traore
Townsend, Jenas, Mbia, Hoilett
Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers could make a couple of changes from the side that beat Fulham 3-1 at Craven Cottage on Sunday, with Jose Enrique replacing Andre Wisdom and Fabio Borini could be handed a start after impressing with two substitute appearances lately.
Jamie Carragher starts his last game as a professional footballer and is expected to be partnered by Sebastian Coates at the heart of the Liverpool defence with Martin Skrtel (illness) unlikely to feature.
As for Harry Redknapp's QPR side, Jose Boswinga could have played his last game for the club after being hauled off at half-time of their 2-1 defeat at home to Newcastle last time out, Fabio is expected to replace the Portuguese right-back.
Star striker Loic Remy returned to training on Friday following allegations of rape, and is available for selection, while Christopher Samba could return from a knee injury that has forced him to the Rs last three games as Julio Cesar (back) is expected to remain out.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Jamie Carragher (pictured right) ends his Liverpool career having played, to date, 737 games for the club, scoring five goals. He is 5/1 to score at any time on Sunday.
- The Reds icon has the unfortunate record of scoring more own goals than goals however, having sent eight in his own net.
- Liverpool have kept a clean sheet in 10 of their last 15 Premier League home matches.
- Brendan Rodgers' side have won more top-flight games without Luis Suarez (58%) than with him (39%).
- QPR have only managed to score 17 goals on the road this term, however that is more than the 13 notched at Loftus Road.
- The Rs last won at Anfield back in March 1991 when a Les Ferdinand goal helped them to a 3-1 win.
- Since winning two games back-to-back in early March, Harry Redknapp's side have failed to win in eight, drawing two and losing six.
- QPR have garnered just one point from their previous five trips to Anfield.