Carlo Ancelotti's men travel north with no wins from their first three league games, and a defeat to Sunday's hosts could well spark a mini-crisis at the big-spending club
LOSC LILLE METROPOLE
Beria, Basa, Chedjou, Digne
Kalou, Martin, Payet
Jallet, Alex, Thiago Silva, Maxwell
Menez, Pastore, Nene
Lille will be buoyed by their Champions League qualification in midweek, and are likely to name more or less the same side that featured against Copenhagen for the visit of Paris Saint-Germain.
Mathieu Debuchy, whose move to the Premier League failed to materialise this week, is the sole injury concern for Rudi Garcia, with full-back Frank Beria continuing to full in on the right-hand side.
Paris Saint-Germain, meanwhile, are one draw or defeat away from a mini-crisis after three uninspiring ties in their Ligue 1 campaign to date. Thiago Silva is in line to finally make his debut for the capital club, with Carlo Ancelotti expected to dump his 4-3-2-1 Christmas tree formation for the 4-2-3-1 with which PSG flourished under Antoine Koumbouare.
Ezequiel Lavezzi is suspended, while Jeremy Menez is likely to return to the starting XI in place of 17-year-old Adrien Rabiot, who made his debut last weekend. Mohamed Sissoko remains sidelined.
The Ligue 1 transfer window does not close until September 4, with Gregory van der Wiel expected to make the move to the French capital in the coming days.
|DID YOU KNOW?|
- Lille sit in eighth place in the Ligue 1 table, amassing five points from their first three games.
- Les Dogues have been drawn with Bayern Munich, Valencia and BATE Borisov in their Champions League group.
- This fixture last season saw Rudi Garcia's men come back from 1-0 down to win 2-1 and ultimately scupper PSG's title bid.
- PSG sit in 11th place, six points behind leaders Olympique de Marseille, after drawing all three of their Ligue 1 games so far.
- Les Parisiens have been drawn with Porto, Dynamo Kiev and Dinamo Zagreb in their Champions League group.
- Lille have won this fixture a total of 23 times in 35 meetings, PSG have only prevailed on three occasions.