The Cedars have enjoyed a remarkable renaissance during this qualifying campaign and the fairytale could continue when they host group leaders South Korea
Dayoub, Najjarin, Saeed, Al Saidi
Chaito, Zreik, Faour, Antar
Atwi, El Ali
Cha DR, Lee JS, Kwak TH, Lee YR
Hong JH, Koo JC
Seo JJ, Lee KH, Son HM
Korea coach Cho Kwang-Rae has some big headaches in attack, with skipper Park Chu-Young suspended after an accumulation of yellow cards, while fellow frontman Ji Dong-Won is in poor condition and struggled against UAE. Gamba Osaka forward Lee Keun-Ho came off the bench to score against UAE and should be given a start. Korea are also without Celtic midfielder Ki Sung-Yueng who has been battling an illness, meaning a reshuffle in midfield with youngster Yoon Bitgaram to be drafted in as an attacking midfielder, while Lee Yong-Rae will drop to left-back to replace Hong Chul who wasn't at his best against UAE.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- These two nations met on matchday one of third round qualifying, with Korea thrashing Lebanon 6-0. Lebanon have improved incredibly since then, and if they beat Korea and Kuwait fails to defeat UAE, the Cedars will qualify for the fourth round.
- Lebanon first entered into World Cup qualifiers for USA 1994, but have never reached the final round of qualifying through the AFC.
- The Cedars lost all six matches at the same stage of qualifying four years ago, scoring three goals and conceding 14.
- South Korea captain and striker Park Chu-Young (pictured), who is suspended for this game, has scored eight goals in their past five internationals, including a hat-trick against Lebanon earlier in qualifying.
- The Taeguk Warriors have just lost once in normal time in their past 18 internationals.
Goal_asia now has its own account, so for all the latest news and features on Asian football follow us.