The Aquile have Champions League qualification in their sights while the Sicilians will hope to bounce back from Sunday's 7-0 hammering by Udinese...
|Lazio: Berni;, Lichtsteiner, Biava, Stendardo, Radu; Ledesma, Matuzalem; Zarate, Hernanes, Sculli; Floccari
|Palermo: Sirigu; Munoz, Bovo, Andelkovic; Cassani, Nocerino, Migliaccio, Ilicic, Balzaretti; Hernandez, Pastore
- Lazio remain in fourth place in Serie A despite their defeat to Cagliari last weekend. They have 48 points from 27 matches and are 10 points behind leaders Milan.
- In none of the last six games in Serie A involving Lazio have more than two goals been scored.
- The Aquile have won just one of their last four matches against Palermo in Serie A - that was in Sicily in the reverse fixture earlier this season.
- The Biancocelesti have found the target in each of their 20 previous Serie A clashes with Palermo in Rome.
- Lazio have lost two and drawn three of their 14 league fixtures at the Stadio Olimpico this season.
- Palermo are in eighth place in Serie A with 40 points from 27 matches, six points off a Europa League slot.
- The Aquile have lost their last three games in Serie A and if they lose to Lazio, then they would repeat their four-defeats-in-a-row streak of March 2008.
- Serse Cosmi, who replaced Delio Rossi as the coach after the weekend's 7-0 humiliation to Udinese, is the 17th appointment at Palermo since Maurizio Zamparini took the helm in 2002.
- The 7-0 loss to Udinese in Sicily was the Rosanero's second-worst defeat in Serie A and their worst on home ground.
October 31, 2010: Palermo 0-1 Lazio
- Palermo have the fourth best attack in the Italian top flight this season (44 goals scored) and the second-worst defensive statistics (43 conceded).
Lazio defeated Palermo in Sicily in the reverse fixture despite finishing the game with ten men. Andre Dias' goal on 27 minutes eventually proved to be the difference between the two sides at the Renzo Barbera. Giuseppe Biava was sent off in the 77th minute.