Cho Kwang-Rae's side will be looking to heap the misery on their out-of-sorts opponents when the two nations meet in 2014 World Cup qualifying on Tuesday in Suwon
Choi HJ, Lee JS, Hong JH, Chul Hong
Ki SR, Lee YR
Nam TH, Park CY, Ji DW
Mohammad, Saeed, Al Kamali, Moua
Abbas, Fawzi, Al Wehaibi
Matar, I. Al Hammadi
The Taeguk Warriors, who are without Cha Du-Ri, Lee Chung-Yong and Kim Bo-Kyung through injuries, looked fragile in defence against Poland, and Cho must decide on his backline, with Hong Chul and Choi Hyo-Jin likely to get the nod ahead of Kim Young-Kwon and Kwak Tae-Hwi at the respective full-back positions.
UAE have plenty of problems of their own following their awful start to qualifying in which they have lost both matches, including a 3-1 humiliation to lowly Lebanon, which prompted the sacking of Srecko Katanec. New interim boss Dr Abdullah Misfir took the team away for a five-day camp in Al Ain, before last Thursday's less-than-impressive 2-1 loss to China. To make matters worse, the team is still reeling from last month's tragic death of youngster Theyab Awana. Star striker Ahmed Khalil will also miss the match due to injury.
||DID YOU KNOW?|
- The last time these two nations met was during 2010 World Cup qualifying, when they were grouped together in the fourth round. Korea won on both occasions, 4-1 in Seoul and 2-0 in Dubai.
- South Korea's impressive run of four-straight home victories came to an end when they drew 2-2 with Poland at Seoul World Cup Stadium on Friday.
- Arsenal striker Park Chu-Young has scored six goals in Korea's past three internationals.
- The Taeguk Warriors are seldom beaten at home, their last defeat on Korean soil came in September last year, when they went down 1-0 to Iran in a friendly.
- UAE are enduring a poor run and have lost their past three matches, 2-1 to China, 3-1 to Lebanon and 3-2 at home to Kuwait.
- The win on foreign turf for UAE came in the 2010 Gulf Cup of Nations held in November-December, where they finished third.
- UAE were knocked out of the 2011 Asian Cup without scoring a goal, although they did earn one point after a 0-0 draw with North Korea.
Goal_asia now has its own account, so for all the latest news and features on Asian football follow us.