The Bianconeri will look to build on their good start to the season with a home win over the Flying Donkeys, as the champions look to stay atop of Serie A
Lucio, Barzagli, Chiellini
Isla, Marchisio, Pirlo, Giaccherini, Asamoah
Sardo, Dainelli, Cesar, Jokic
Vacek, Rigoni, Hetemaj
Juventus are likely to welcome back Lucio (pictured) from injury as he makes his first start for the Bianconeri. The Serie A champions will look to gain three points at home following their draw in London against Chelsea on Wednesday.
Arturo Vidal, who scored in the Champions League game but also picked up a minor knock, is likely to sit this match out, with the versatile Mauricio Isla to come in and Kwadwo Asamoah set to retain his place on the left-hand side of the midfield.
Fabio Quagliarella will most likely get the nod up front after his midweek equaliser, though Alessandro Matri may come into the reckoning if Antonio Conte looks to freshen up his attack.
Chievo, meanwhile, will look to field the same defence that lost to Lazio 3-1 at Stadio Marc'Antonio Bentegodi last weekend. In midfield, Kamil Vacek will replace Luciano, who is set to drop to the bench.
In attack, Alberto Paloschi is still injured, so Sergio Pellissier will play up front alone, while David Di Michele will start from the sidelines as Peruvian Rinaldo Cruzado gets a start.
|DID YOU KNOW?
- Juventus have drawn the last four games against the Flying Donkeys. Their last win came in this fixture in 2009, a 1-0 victory courtesy of a Vincenzo Iaquinta goal.
- Juve defender Andrea Barzagli played 29 times for Chievo during the 2003-04 season.
- The Old Lady go into this match on the back of a huge unbeaten run of games in Serie A, now standing at 42 matches since they last lost.
- Chievo have one win this season, after they beat Bologna 2-0 at home on the opening weekend of the Italian season.
- The Gialloblu have a record of four draws and one win against Juve in their last five league games, both home and away.
- If he plays, the Chievo captain Sergio Pellissier will be making his 299th Serie A appearance for the club, having been with the side from Verona since 2001.